Weekly Update – 1/4/16

This week was a pretty good week. I felt like I was able to be pretty active.  I was able to make it to 2 yoga classes, and do 3 other workouts.  There is definitely something about the new year that is invigorating….


I was super excited to get to yoga Monday night.  I knew that the gym would be busier than normal after the new year, so I got there early.  In retrospect, getting there a half hour early was unnecessary….

Class was a little fuller than normal, but nothing crazy. I have still been taking some modifications in class recently, but I’ve attempted to try to not take EVERY modification.  The biggest goal of mine has been to do more flows instead of resting. I still tend to do my planks and chaturangas on my knees, but I feel like I’m developing a lot of strength that way.


I’ve been having some breathing issues recently.  I think with the weather changes and all, I’ve got some chest congestion. I find that I need to deep belly breath in order to feel like I’m breathing well.

That being said, I opted for walking instead of running at the gym.  I did a 5k on the treadmill, plus a cooldown for a total of 3.25 miles.

My husband and I both have fitbits now, and we are obsessed with beating each other and our friends by getting more steps.  Yesterday was a pretty good day for me at over 13,000 steps (I have a VERY sedentary desk job).


Headed to yoga early because the gym has been really crowded.  I was there so early, I decided to jump on a treadmill and get some steps in.  I was able to get about 10 minutes (about a half mile) on the treadmill before yoga…use your time wisely, people!

Yoga was a bit crowded, but it was nice to have such a full class.  My intention for class was to do as many flows as possible, and not resting instead.  I managed to do a lot of flows!  I have trouble with Warrior 1 and some pyramid poses (too much strain on my Achilles and feet). so I did opt for child’s pose there instead.


So, on Tuesday, the socks I wore made my feet very unhappy and I got a blister on the ball of my foot.  I popped it on Thursday evening when I got home, covered it with a bandaid, then headed to the gym.  I only walked 2.5 miles due to my foot being very angry at me.


Rest day.  Michael and I have been hitting it hard the last week, and work has been pretty stressful. We had some takeout and watching COPS.  Cause we are giant nerds.


On Saturday, I slept in, then decided that even though I had a million things to do, I wanted to get a very short, quick workout in.  I threw in a load of laundry and jumped on my treadmill at home for a quick 1.5 miles.

I did a bunch of laundry and cleaning, then finally jumped in the shower and got ready for the day.  We went to check out a new neighborhood in our area and see if we were interested in building there.  Then we picked up our friends Shannon and Kristy and went to the Auto Show.  It was nice checking out all the new cars.  I fell in love with a Volvo.  Don’t judge.

Afterward, we went to Bravo, a nice Italian restaurant in VA Beach.  We had gotten a gift card to go there for Christmas.  I got chicken marsala and it was wonderful.  We even splurged and got tiramisu for dessert.


We had church responsibilities on Sunday, but afterward, we headed home and started on more chores.  We then went to Walmart and the grocery store.  Michael came home and did food prep, then I finished the laundry.  Afterward, we went to my mom’s house to watch the Redskins game.

How was your week?  Have you ever been to an auto show?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s