Disclaimer: totally non-fitness related post. Don’t let that scare you away – there are lots of pictures! Pictures are good…right?
I decided to take Monday off when I realized that we had Tuesday off for Veteran’s Day – and I made a 4 day weekend for myself. I have had a lot of home improvement jobs shelved for myself. Since my mom is so handy, I recruited her to help me out and bribed her with free lunch!
Also, I’m HORRIBLE about taking “before” pictures, but I take the “after” pics! So…you’ll have to use your imagination about how horrible things were before I fixed them 🙂
After waking up with a horrible earache and going to Patient First, I took all the recommended drugs they gave me and went on my way!
At the bank I work at, we use a lot of technology vendors to purchase servers, applications, and use services. One of those companies, Endurance IT, offered Michael tickets to the ODU Homecoming game. We arrived around 1pm to the tailgate and got to enjoy some drinks and Beach Bully BBQ before the game.
We ended up in some really incredible seats in the endzone – right near all the box seating. Two tickets for the season in this section go for a total of $2500. We ended up sitting two rows in front of our CIO (aka our boss).
At the beginning of the 3rd quarter, they invited us ON THE FIELD to watch the rest of the game! How cool is that? I tell you what, its pretty scary when a 6 ft tall football player runs out of bounds and is hurling straight toward you.
Had church in the morning then I came back and got started on house projects. I went through my closet and all of my dressers (yes, plural) and started purging stuff I don’t wear. I did this a few months ago, so it wasn’t a great success, but I did get rid of some stuff and managed to switch out my summer and winter clothes. I also dug out a few pair of old jeans that fit!
Monday was the start of the chaos. Mom came over around 10am, and we started making our list for Home Depot. I showed her all the things I wanted to get done over the next two days. So we made our trip, grabbed some lunch and then got to work on the backyard. Here’s all we managed to do outside:
1. Clean out the gutters for the first time in 3 1/2 years – ya’ll, there were plants growing out of them.
2. Rake the lawn
3. Mow the lawn
4. Trim back my roses and butterfly bush
5. Dig up old plastic flower bed liners
6. Install stone pavers to line the flowerbeds
7. Fix the fence
8. Clean the storm door (since its a target for bird poop)
9. Clean out the shed
10. Clean up our mess!!!
We rewarded ourselves by watching the Eagles game and having some salmon and green beans 🙂
After Monday’s work, I was exhausted, but no rest for the weary! There were inside projects to be tackled! We managed to get a lot done, but it was not without its challenges.
1. Replace kitchen and bathroom cabinet hardware. Sound easy. Never is 🙂
2. Replace upstairs bathroom vanity light…which involved a trip back to Home Depot to get dimmable light bulbs to work with my dimmer switch. Then we had to clean up the mess we made.
3. Install towel ring in upstairs bathroom.
4. Install downstairs bathroom vanity light. That involved painting the wall where the old fixture used to be, then installing the light.
5. Putting 2 layers of kiltz and repainting a wall in the office (it had a horrible mural from the previous owner that I finally painted over!)
My mom ROCKS. She did so much work with me, there is NO way I would have been able to get it all done without her. She’s pretty much the coolest ever.
Have you ever done a “project weekend”? Do you enjoy DIY projects?