Monday AM: Woke up so late but decided to get something in. 1.25 miles on the treadmill was all I could muster out after a quick stretch session.
Monday PM: Hatha yoga with Sue – her LAST Monday hatha class. I’m so depressed. She’s my favorite instructor and she’s leaving the gym and opening her own yoga studio. I’m beyond thrilled for her, just sad about my loss! Class was good – learned a few new things from her before she leaves us. Shavasana was extra long and I loved it.
I love days I don’t have to get up to workout in the AM! 🙂
First Round (2x):
1. 5 “whatcha call its” – I have no idea what to call this. Start in standing position, lean over and grab the inside of your feet, squat down while holding on to your feet, raise arms in a “Y” raise, then stand up.
2. 15 bird dogs each side
Second Round (2x):
1. Squat and hold, then 20 kettlebell presses
2. 10 side/overhead/side ball slams each side
3. 20 side plank single arm row (each side)
4. Walking lunges (25 ft-ish) with medicine ball carry on each side
Wednesday AM: I did not sleep well at all and I decided to can the workout for the morning. I think I got about 3 hours of sleep. UGH.
Wednesday PM: Last vinyasa yoga class with Sue 😦 Class was good. A little slower than normal, but good. My half moon is getting so much more solid! Just have to work on being able to hold it longer 🙂
Danny. Why does he make me workout outside on hot days? Why?
1. 3 minutes jump rope
2. 20 push ups
3. 2 minutes jump rope
4. 15 push ups
5. 1 minute jump rope
6. 10 pushups
Workout (just one round):
1. 20 Sumo squats with 2 20ish lb kettle bells
2. 50 meter farmer carry with 2 20ish lb kettle bells (25 m forward, 25 m backward)
3. 10 single leg RDLs (each side) with a barbell
*These were SO hard on one side, mostly due to the inequality in the strength in my back from my scoliosis.
Friday AM: 1.5 mile walk on the treadmill. My right hamstring was tight from the single leg RDLs from Thursday night’s workout.
Friday PM: Rest, yay!
Saturday – Sunday
Michael and I went to Arlington, VA to visit my brother. More about that later. BUT – I tend to injure myself in stupid ways when I go on vacation. I was going to add a poll so you could guess what stupid way I hurt myself this time, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Feel free to comment below 🙂