Monday AM: 1.65 mile walk. I woke up SO LATE for this workout. Even getting that super low mileage in was rushing. I think it was my body’s way of saying to rest and I didn’t listen!
Monday PM: Hatha yoga with Sue! Class was small this week. We did a lot of shoulder work which felt great.
I’m still messed up on sleep from my fun weekend, which made me sleepy all day.
First Round (3x):
1. 15 kettle bell high pulls
2. 30 Jump squat rope slams
3. Farmer’s carry – 100 meters? (Two 20 lb kettle bells)
Second Round (2x):
1. 10 hurdle steps (each side)
2. 10 stability ball roll-outs
***Only 5 reps for round 2
Wednesday AM: I was supposed to get up and run, but that only happens if you remember to set your alarm! I overslept and missed a morning workout for the first time in 3 weeks!
Wednesday PM: Vinyasa yoga with Sue. Class was pretty fast paced but good. I am starting to feel much stronger. My planks and chaturangas are much stronger. I’ve noticed my arms getting much stronger.
Oh.My.Goodness. My left foot/heel hurt SO BAD in the morning. Not just discomfort, but pretty decently strong pain. I have been hesitant to call it an injury since the pain is so sporadic, but it seems to be a pretty consistent issue. I’m wondering if yoga has anything to do with it. While I think yoga is beneficial, I think the constant stretching of my arch and Achilles are taking a toll.
Danny night. We did another FMS screening. More about that later, but although we still have things to work on, he did say that there is some vast improvement in certain areas – so I’m encouraged by that. We only had time after for a very quick workout.
1. 20 suitcase carry deadlift squat (Two 20 lbs kettle bells)
2. 10 single arm (each side) kneel to standing kettlebell press (10 lbs)
3. 20 single arm kettle bell swings (each side)
Next round was 10, 5, 10 reps.
Friday AM: Actually woke up to workout – still a little late though. Only 2 mile walk.
Friday PM: Rest night. YAY.
FIT360 is a class that Danny heads up at my gym. Even though I’m not a part of the class, I’m sort of an honorary member. They led a nutritional panel and gave out some pretty awesome cookbooks.
Danny and I were supposed to workout together, but he had his wisdom teeth out and hadn’t bounced back yet. I improvised and created my own workout. In retrospect I should have made it much harder 🙂
1. 400 meter row (under 2 min)
2. 15 single arm kettlebell swings each side (12 lbs)
3. 300 meter row (under 1:30 min)
4. 15 single arm kettlebell swings each side (12 lbs)
5. 200 meter row (under 1 min)
6. 15 single arm kettlebell swings each side (12 lbs)
7. 100 meter row (under :30 sec)
8. 15 single arm kettlebell swings each side (12 lbs)
9. 4 minutes on the ReACT trainer (front, side, back, side)
Michael and I went to the movies and saw “Let’s Be Cops,” which was pretty funny. We also cooked dinner together, which is a rarity cause we are lazy!
Rest day. Went to church and then participated in my first Fantasy Football draft. I am certainly not as knowledgeable as the rest of the guys (and one girl) Michael and I are playing against…but I’m pretty proud of our team.