I know I say it every week, but I’m really loving yoga class. I’m trying to find another class to fit into my schedule. I’m realizing just how tight I am, especially my hamstrings. I wish I had more hours in a day to fit yoga in every day.
Danny night. I got all excited when he told me we’d be working out in the outside workout space….But I grew very unhappy when he told me what we were doing out there!
Did my normal warm-up of hamstring walks, squats, walking lunges, wall sits, and yoga push-ups.
We did 2 rounds of the following:
1. 1:3o min of rope slams (3 different types)
2. 30 one arm kettlebell swings (each side)
3. 15 kneeling kettlebell bottom-up press (each side)
4. Stair runs: up and back with 10lbs overhead, up and back 5 lbs overhead
5. Sled pushes (25 yds each way): Slow steady pushes down, sprinting back
Also, funny conversation of the day. For some reason, he thought a 5k was 2 miles (but didn’t tell me that’s what he thought) and told me that he thought I could run a 5k in 18 minutes.
I also came home and mowed the grass. May not sound so hard to you, but I have one of those old fashioned reel mowers. It was a second workout!
Rest day, aka lazy day.
Danny night. Not too terrible taxing, but I definitely felt it the next day.
1. Shoulders (15)
2. Resistance Bands side step squats (:30 sec)
1. Step back lunges with 20 lbs (15 each side)
2. Single arm 10 lb dumbbell cleans (15 each side)
3. Single leg Hamstring curls – 15 lbs (15 each side)
Workout with Danny in the AM. Danny couldn’t make it this week, so I trained with his colleague, Jeremy. Jeremy is HARD.
1. Ran 2 minutes (5 mph), 10 cleans, 10 single leg dead-lifts, 10 squats, 10 back rows (all done with 10 lb dumbbells)
2. Ran 2 minutes (5 mph), 10 cleans, 10 single leg dead-lifts, 10 squats, 10 back rows (all done with 10 lb dumbbells)
3. Ran 2 minutes (5 mph)
4. Failed out on chin ups. I have no upper body strength when it comes to lifting myself. I very rarely like to fail out on stuff, but I didn’t want to hurt myself.
5. The following x2: Hamstring curls in bridge position on the mat with feet on sliders (10), single arm back rows (10 each side)
6. The following x3: 10 back rows on a machine, 10 hamstring curls
Michael and I went to Fresh Market up in Newport News. We got caught in a hailstorm on the way back. Let me tell you what, they are scary to drive in! We watched a movie on Netflix (Best Man Down – super sappy), then went to my mom’s house for dinner.
Church in the AM. We went to Elizabeth City to see Michael’s mom for Mother’s Day. We grilled out; had steaks, corn and pasta salad. Michael and I went for a walk around his neighborhood down to the river. I only had flip flops with me. I got a horrible blister on the ball of my foot. Boo. Otherwise, it was a great day with great weather!